To Receive our Free Newsletter, please fill out the information below. (*Required fields)
For any further questions, please contact Tina Figliuolo at (941) 627-4313, ext.118.News
- May 3, 2013: Food For All
- The Charlotte County Homeless Coalition is proud to partner with Publix supermarkets. This past Monday, April 29, Publix graciously presented us with $10,000 from the Food for All program. The "Food for All Program" partners with grocery retailers across the country to raise money for community based non-profits. With only about 50 recipients in the state of Florida, the Homeless Coalition is one of the non-profits selected by Publix to receive this grant. These funds allow us to continue feeding over 62,000 hot meals this year and gives the ability to prevent hunger in Charlotte County.
Publix and its amazing support throughout the year is always appreciated. Publix continues to support our organization and the residents we serve in many ways. Publix Supermarkets give on a consistent basis with daily donations of bread and goods, volunteers who serve monthly in our dining room and also with support of huge gifts like this through the 'Food For All' program.
Thank you for your support and continued partnership!
Pictured left to right: Brian West, Stephanie Kissinger, Tina Figliuolo, Brett Tessier, Angela Hogan, Mark Martella, Kevin Russell, Carrie Hussey, Alan Holbach
- January 30, 2013: Homeless Coalition Foundation donation
- The Charlotte County Homeless Coalition is the proud recipient of a grant in the amount of $60,000 from the Mistletoe Ball, held in December 2012 by the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition Foundation. This generous donation was presented by Rex Koch Foundation Founder and Chairman. Mr. Koch has worked diligently for many years to build the foundation to provide for the stability of the Homeless Coalition. In 2013, Rex Koch is retiring from his position and graciously turning it over to long-time supporter Toni Simpson. Mrs. Simpson will serve as the Foundation’s Chair with Glen Nickerson serving as Vice Chair.
This support will aid the Homeless Coalition’s Emergency Shelter, Food Pantry, and Hot Meals Programs which operate 7 days a week, 365 days of the year to assist those in need. In the last year, the Homeless Coalition has served more than 62,000 meals and provided food pantry to more than 2,700 households.
The Homeless Coalition staff and Board of Directors would like to thank the Foundation and its many volunteers, sponsors, and committee members. Their support makes it possible for The Homeless Coalition to continue our mission in the end hunger and homelessness in our community.
Pictured, L-R: Tina Figliuolo, Glen Nickerson, Teri Ashley, Toni Simpson, Rex Koch, Terri Williams, Jim Kelley, Angela Hogan
- January 3, 2013: Smuggler’s Enterprises Foundation
- The Charlotte County Homeless Coalition is the proud recipient of a grant in the amount of $3,000.00 from the Smuggler’s Enterprises Inc. Foundation!
This generous donation will aid our organization with the purchasing and providing food for our Hot Meals Program we have 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. It will also assist our food pantry supply that occurs every Friday for the residents of Charlotte County. In the last year the Homeless Coalition has served more than 62,000 meals and provided food pantry to more than 2,700 households.
The Homeless Coalition is greatly supported by community partners like the Smuggler’s Foundation thanks to their generosity. Their support makes it possible for The Homeless Coalition to continue our mission in the fight against hunger and we greatly appreciate it.
- December 2012, Faces of the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition
Harbor Style Magazine- "Being able to maintain families and individuals in permanent housing is what we do." Helping people like the Atterberry Family, the McCaslin Family, CCHC leadership team Terri Williams, Kevin Russell and CEO Angela Hogan, with the help of their amazing staff and volunteers, are guiding the Homeless Coalition to eradicating homelessness and hunger in Charlotte County. The Foundation, guided by Rex Koch, Dianne Ingman and Donna Cardenas, organizes the Mistletoe Ball and other fundraising events to support the Coalition. READ THE ARTICLE
ONGOING: Food Donation Drive - The Charlotte County Homeless Coalition food pantry has been giving food to individuals and families since 1989. The pantry is located in the Coalition’s Offices at 1476 Kenesaw Street in Port Charlotte. The food pantry serves more than 300 households a month and the need is greater during the summer months.
A special group of dedicated volunteers has designed boxes and placed them at various locations throughout the community. The Homeless Coalition is collecting non-perishable food and toiletries. The current locations for dropping off donations are:
Port Charlotte Locations
Waste Management: 25515 Old Landfill Rd (941) 628-0019
Integrity Employee Leasing: 3626 Tamiami Trail (941) 625-0623
Elks Club #2152: 20225 Kenilworth Blvd (941) 629-4545
Neil Armstrong Elementary School: 22100 Breezeswept Ave. (941) 255-7450
2421 Cyber Café: 2421 Tamiami Trail (941)249-4059
Meadow Park Elementary School: 3131 Lakeview Blvd. (941)255-7470
Punta Gorda Locations
Koch & Company: 225 W. Virginia Ave. (941) 637-0544
BB&T Bank: 2390 Tamiami Trail (941) 833-9233
Pinnacle Family of Companies: 520 Rio de Janeiro (941) 347-4040
Florida Gulf Coast University: 117 Herald Court #211 (941) 505-0130
Spa One: 115 Taylor St (941) 505-6111
Charlotte County Clerks Office (Justice Center): 350 Marion Ave. (941) 639-3111
Freedom Boat Club, Jim Cull: 150 Laishley Ct #117 (239) 218-0181
Sallie Jones Elementary School: 1230 Narranja St. (941) 575-5440
The community’s help is needed and always appreciated.
For additional information or to participate, please contact Randy Benedict at the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, (941) 627-4313, EXT. 127
2012-Jul-10: It is an extraordinary day when a local business and members from the community come together for a great cause. The Charlotte County Homeless Coalition was the proud recipient of a grant in the amount of $2450.10 from BB&T Bank.
This generous donation helps our organization purchase food from the Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida and supplies for the beautification project in the dining room. Food purchased will be used for our Hot Meals Program we have 7 days a week, 365 days of the year and food pantry every Friday for residents of Charlotte County and neighboring counties. The beautification project has improved the appearance of the dining room and functionality for our guests.
Our warmest thanks and gratitude to BB&T Bank for this generous contribution and to Donna Dunbar for her efforts. The Homeless Coalition is greatly supported by these community partners and with their support make it possible for us to continue our mission.
Jim Kelley, Connie Duncan, Dee Lundgren, presenting the check for food
Some food purchased for the Pantry
Jim Kelley and Stephanie Tougas Painting the Dining Room